- M.S.L.S., Library Science – University of Kentucky – Focus: Special Collections/Archives
- B.A., History – University of Kentucky, magna cum laude
- National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution: Louisville, KY 2022-present Director of the National SAR Genealogical Research Library & Archives, located inside the SAR National Headquarters.
- Kentucky Historical Society: Frankfort, KY, 2011-2022
Program Administrator II: Head of Library and Archives, Editor of Kentucky Ancestors Online, Producer/Research Coordinator and On-Air Talent, Kentucky Ancestors TV Show
- Fincastle Designs, 2011-2018, Part-Time
Owner/DBA: Freelance research/marketing/social media/public relations business
- Pastology, LLC: Acton, MA, 2009-present, Part-Time (In Development)
- University of Kentucky Libraries: Lexington, KY, 2000-2011
Interlibrary Loan – Lending Manager
- Bourbon County Schools: Paris, KY, 1993-2000
Library paraprofessional/Substitute Librarian/Technology Coordinator
Genealogy and the Librarian: Perspectives on Research, Instruction, Outreach and Management (McFarland Publishers) – 2018 – Editors: Vera Gubnitskaia & Carol Smallwood. Forward by: D. Joshua Taylor. Available on Amazon!
- Chapter: Genealogy Literacy: Helping Patrons Build Stable Trees through Information Literacy Standards
- Chapter: Crowdsourcing Genealogy with Tea and Sympathy: Outreach Approaches that Instruct and Engage
Discovering Our Past (Hopewell Museum Education Committee) 1999
- Chapter: Oral History
- “Project Management Software”, FGS Forum, Vol. 29, Num. 4, Winter 2017
- “Brick by Brick: Building Your Brick Wall”, Kentucky Ancestors (Print), Vol. 48, Issue 2, Winter 2013
- “Brick by Brick: Tips for Dismantling Your Brick Wall”, Kentucky Ancestors (Print), Vol. 48, Issue 3, Spring 2013
- “Shadows of Eastern State Hospital”, Ace Weekly, Lexington KY, December 2010
- “Genealogy Tips”, Kentucky Ancestors TV: Kentucky Historical Society (ABC Affiliate Channels)- Seasons 1 & 2, 2021-2022
- “Blue People Roaming the Hills”, Mysteries at the Museum, Travel Channel, March 2014
- Kentucky History Treasures, WTVQ, 36 Lexington, KY, 2014-2016 (T.T. Wendell Collection, R.B. Stone Collection)
Speaking Highlights: (See ‘Speaking’ Page for upcoming sessions)
- When Genealogy Gets Creepy: Mourning Rituals, Photography, and Body Snatchers (Virtual), Tennessee Genealogical Society, October 2022.
- Down the River and Through the Mountains: Pre-1850 Migration Through the Ohio Valley and Appalachian Range (Virtual), Castle Rock Colorado Genealogical Society, August 2022.
- Kentucky Migration: Pathways to Settlement (Virtual), Louisville Genealogical Society, April 2022.
- RootsTech 2022 – Hidden in Plain Sight: Free People of Color in Your Family Tree, RootsTech Connect Virtual Conference, Salt Lake City, Utah, FREE Virtual Conference. Post conference on-demand access: https://www.familysearch.org/rootstech/speakers/cheri-daniels/en
- RootsTech 2021 (4 sessions) 471123 – Beyond the FAN Approach: Inclusive Research Strategies; 471127 – Airtable: Organizing Your Research with a Relational Database; 471179 – Practical Preservation Demonstration; 471215 – Successful Remote Research Strategies, RootsTech Connect Virtual Conference, Salt Lake City, Utah, FREE Virtual Conference via Rootstech.org, February 2021.
- Discovering Your Kentucky Ancestors. Virtual (Zoom)- Allen County Public Library, Fort Wayne, Indiana, September 2020.
- Tackling Difficult Chapters of our Family History; The Hoarder’s Guide to Family History Preservation; A Digital Citizenship Primer for Genealogists. (3 sessions) RootsTech Family History Conference, Salt Palace Convention Center, Salt Lake City, Utah, February 2020.
- Tempest in a Teapot – The Historical Influence of Tea, Woodford County Public Library, Versailles, Kentucky, December 2019.
- Land Speculators and the Records they Left Behind; Kentucky Research Hot Zones. (2 sessions)Kentucky History and Genealogy Conference, Mercer County Public Library, Harrodsburg, Kentucky, August 2019.
- Kentucky Roots Revealed: Statewide, Regional, and National Resources for Finding Kentucky Ancestors; Deconstructing the Neighborhood: Using the Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps to Understand Your Ancestors’ Communities National Genealogical Society Conference, St. Charles, Missouri, May 2019.
- Past Forward: Tech Tools and Strategies for Sharing Your Family History Through a Consumable Genealogy Plan. RootsTech Family History Conference, Salt Palace Convention Center, Salt Lake City, Utah, February 2019.
- DNA and the Construct of Identity: Assisting Genealogy Patrons with DNA Questions, Kentucky Library Association Annual Conference, Louisville, KY, Sept 2018.
- Keynote: The Family Archivist – Preserving Your Heritage & Lunch session: Technology for Research, Northern Kentucky Family History Conference, Church of LDS, 144 Buttermilk Pike, Lakeside Park, Kentucky, Oct 2018.
- “Fostering Genealogy Literacy through Virtual Engagement”, ACRL Virtual World Interest Group (Association of College and Research Libraries), Community Virtual Library, March & April 2018 Annual VCARA Conference (Virtual Center for Archives and Records Administration), SJSU: San José State University, Second Life – VCARA YouTube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWcX580rpVM
- “The Mad Hatter: Managing Your Many Duties Through Project Management Software,” “Navigating the Draper Manuscripts: Paths of Migration,” & “Outdated Outreach: Breathing New Life into our Outreach Approach,” Federation of Genealogical Societies Conference, Pittsburgh PA, Sept/Oct. 2017
- “The Memory Ninja: Using Pinterest to Engage Your Family in Memory Collection”, National Genealogical Society Conference, Richmond VA, May 2014
- “Piecing Together History: Crowdsourcing Events to Glean the Most Out of the Current Generation”, RootsTech Family History Conference, Salt Lake City UT, February 2014
- “Genealogy Literacy: Providing Reference Services to a Patron Base in Transition”, Kentucky Library Association Conference, Louisville KY, September 2013
- “The E.E. Barton Papers of Northern Kentucky”, National Genealogical Society Conference, Cincinnati OH, May 2012
- Secretary, Vice President, Second Life Virtual Genealogical Society, 2019-2020
- KDLA Local Records Grant Review Committee, 2018-present
- KLA Chair, Genealogy and Local History Round Table, 2015-2018
- Harrison County Heritage Council: Board Member/Committee Chair, 2013-2016
- Journeys Past, 2010-2016
- “Genealogy Journey: Finding Our Ancestors, Discovering Ourselves”, Second Life Exhibit, Community Virtual Library, Cookie Island, July-September 2018
- “Unbridled History: Celebrating the Horse Industry of Kentucky”, Second Life Exhibit, University of Kentucky Island, March 2009
- “Stitching Pieces of Time: Kentucky Quilting Traditions and the Wade Hall Quilt Collection”, Second Life Exhibit, University of Kentucky Island, November 2008
- National Society Daughters of the American Revolution: Member, Frankfort Chapter, 2015-present
- National Genealogical Society: Member, 2011-present
- Second Life Virtual Genealogical Society: Member, 2016-present, Secretary, 2019-2020, Vice President, 2020-2021
- Kentucky Library Association: Member/Round Table Chair, 2007-2017
- Kentucky Historical Society: Member/Employee, 2011-present
- Association of Professional Genealogists: 2009-2012, 2022-present
- Hamilton County Genealogical Society, 2016-2017
- RezLibris Magazine: Arts/Entertainment Editor, 2008-2010