The majority of my speaking engagements, are arranged through my role as the Head of Reference Services at the Kentucky Historical Society. As a state employee, they do not charge a speaking fee, but require travel/lodging reimbursement. To schedule a session near you, please contact me at: email@example.com. (Various topics available)
Upcoming Speaking Engagements:
- August 23rd, 2019: (2 sessions) Land Speculators and the Records they Left Behind & Kentucky Research Hot Zones. Kentucky History and Genealogy Conference, Mercer County Public Library, Harrodsburg, Kentucky.
- September 27th, 2019: Introduction to DNA Testing, Orlando Brown House, Liberty Hall Historic Site, Frankfort, Kentucky.
- November 7th, 2019: Preserving Your Family History, Owen County Public Library, Owenton, Kentucky.
- November 15th, 2019: Panel Session – Family Matters: Strategies and Resources for Local History Reference, Kentucky Council on Archives, Kenton County Public Library, Covington, Kentucky.
- December 14th, 2019: Tempest in a Teapot – The Historical Influence of Tea, Woodford County Public Library, Versailles, Kentucky.
- February 26-29, 2020: (3 sessions) RT8331 – Tackling Difficult Chapters of our Family History; RT8335 – The Hoarder’s Guide to Family History Preservation; RT8339 – A Digital Citizenship Primer for Genealogists. RootsTech, Salt Palace Convention Center, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- September 10th, 2020: Discovering Your Kentucky Ancestors. Virtual (Zoom)- Allen County Public Library, Fort Wayne, Indiana.