The majority of my speaking engagements, are arranged through my role as the Head of Reference Services at the Kentucky Historical Society. As a state employee, they do not charge a speaking fee, but require travel/lodging reimbursement. To schedule a session near you, please contact me at: email@example.com. (Various topics available)
Upcoming Speaking Engagements:
- April 18th, 2018, 7:30pm PT, iSchool Island: Fostering Genealogy Literacy through Virtual Engagement, 9th Annual VCARA Conference (Virtual Center for Archives and Records Administration), SJSU: San José State University – Second Life
- August 11th, 2018: 2 Sessions – The Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps: Access and Use, & Kentucky Roots Revealed: Research at the Kentucky Historical Society, Kentucky History and Genealogy Conference, Kenton County Public Library, Erlanger, Kentucky
- September 21st, 2018, 3:00pm: DNA and the Construct of Identity: Assisting Genealogy Patrons with DNA Questions, Kentucky Library Association Annual Conference, Louisville, KY
- October 27th, 2018: Keynote: The Family Archivist – Preserving Your Heritage & Lunch session: Technology for Research, Northern Kentucky Family History Conference, Church of LDS, 144 Buttermilk Pike, Lakeside Park, Kentucky
- February/March, 2019: Past Forward: Tech Tools and Strategies for Sharing Your Family History Through a Consumable Genealogy Plan. RootsTech Family History Conference, Salt Palace Convention Center, Salt Lake City, Utah.